AIT SPORTS Co are now taking applications for the following position:
AIT Sports Co Operations Manager
AIT Sports Co (a wholly owned subsidiary of Athlone Institute of Technology) over the last 3 years has established itself as a centre of excellence for sports participation in the midlands. With world class facilities and state of the art equipment we cater for a diverse range of needs from Ireland’s leading sporting teams and athletes to local U10’s GAA teams.
To deliver on our vision of providing a holistic approach to sport, fitness and sport science amongst students, staff, national governing bodies of sport, sports clubs, teams, businesses and the wider community we are seeking suitably qualified and experience applicants for the following position.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager the AIT Sports Co Operations Manager will have overall responsibility for all aspects of AIT Sports Co Operations including activities in the AIT International Arena (IAAF indoor athletics track, gym, studios and high performance training area) GAA and Soccer pitches, sports hall and outdoor athletics track. This is a hands-on management role. Previous management experience in the leisure industry is desirable.
- Business Degree, Degree in Management in Tourism & Sport or related field
- MSc/BSc in Sports Science or related field
- NCEF/NCEHS Instructors Certificate (or equivalent)
- UKSCA Accreditation
- Team Leadership & Staff Management – including staff development, training & motivation. Management of end to end recruitment process, maintenance of all Human Resource files and management of all elements of the staff communication process. You will work closely with the duty manager, senior fitness instructor, gym team, bookings administrator and event staff (in-house and contracted). You will further develop the strong team culture based around flexibility with a strong can-do attitude.
- Business Development – drive the development of innovative new services, implementation of the sales and marketing plan to promote services, facilities, events and activities. Maintain AIT Sports Website and other digital marketing channels. Support all membership sales activity.
- Customer Service – Implementation of all operational procedures ensuring the highest levels of customer service is delivered to a varied group of customers. Handle all customer enquiries & complaints.
- Financial Performance – budgetary control, achieving income targets and managing expenditure, cash management including shift reconciliation and full implementation of cash control procedures.
- Health and Safety – Implement the Health and Safety management system and related procedures. Implement health and safety risk assessments and manage all aspects of health and safety ensuring full compliance with legislation in conjunction with the Institute’s Environment, Health and Safety Director.
- Facility Management – working with your team and other departments within the Institute (Sports, Estates, IT and Catering) you will ensure the facilities are maintained to the highest standards this includes responsibility for maintenance and cleanliness of all areas.
- Administrator for Leisure Management IT system thus ensuring all AIT Sports co bookings for facilities and activities are scheduled and recorded on the system.
Team Leadership, Adaptability, Integrity, Written and Oral Communication Skills.
This role involves evening and weekend work and therefore requires a high level of flexibility
Salary – circa €39,000 per annum commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please e-mail your C.V. with a cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the role to Paul Coburn, Commercial Manager at email@example.com before 12 on Friday 10th August 2018.